Friday, August 11, 2017

Book Review-The King James Study Bible


Thomas Nelson
The King James
Study Bible
Full Color Edition

I am so impressed with this Bible I honestly don’t know where to start my review!  Let me start by saying this is not a Bible that you will want to carry with you, as it is heavy, however it is a Bible that you will turn to time and again to use as a study reference.  I love that it has larger, easy to read print and all the words of Jesus are in red.  That is always a plus for me as it lets me know…these words are definitely note-worthy so sit up and take notice…this is Jesus speaking!  When open, it lays flat from cover to cover and in between. 

The Bible I am reviewing is hard cover cloth with an illustrated dust jacket to keep it clean.  From the beginning page, you will find in easy to understand detail how to use this beautiful Bible.  It is well worth the time to read it in full before beginning the actual study.  I have long-been a fan of the King James Bible and have never experienced one with this much detail.  Each book starts with description and an outline of what the book is about.  It states on the back of the dust jacket “There’s never been a King James Bible like this.”  In my opinion this is one that you will need to hold in your hand and read to see the magnificence of this Bible.  I am sure this will easily replace most of my other study Bibles.  Also if you have been afraid to give the KJV a try for fear you couldn’t understand it…this has certainly helped to simplify the study.    I am by no means a Bible scholar, but this Bible has given me a better understanding of the time line of events and the history of each book.  It is amazing! I cannot even begin to name all it has to offer.  If you are a fan of the KJV Bible this is a MUST-HAVE for your study library!

Bible Features Include:
Time-honored KJV Bible text
Center-column references with translation notes
Beautiful full-color pages and features
Hundreds of full-color maps, images and charts
5,700 authoritative and time-tested study notes
Over 100 personality profiles highlighting important figures in Scripture
More than 200 notes on important Christian doctrines
Book introductions and outline
Hebrew and Greek word-study concordance

Disclaimer:  I received this Book from the publisher, Thomas Nelson for free to read and review. I was not required to give a favorable review only an honest review, nor was I compensated for my review.  All thoughts and comments in this review are my own.

No comments: