Saturday, July 1, 2017

Book Review-The Weekly Prayer Project; Zondervan


The Weekly Prayer Project
(A Challenge to Journal, Pray,
Reflect and Connect with God)
Scarlet Hillibidal
Publisher:  Zondervan


Disclaimer:  I received this Book from the publisher, Zondervan for free to read and review through the blogger review program at BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to give a favorable review only an honest review, nor was I compensated for my review.  All thoughts and comments in this review are my own.

“The Weekly Prayer Project” challenges you to reconnect to God through journaling, prayer and reflection.  This journal has 52 scriptures, one for each week of the year.  It has space for journaling and reflection, plus prompts to help you in your thought process.  It is beautifully bound hard-cover and lays flat making it easy to journal.  It is divided into seven sections, each representing a prayer found in the Bible.

I have been journaling for sometime now in my daily devotions and love the concept of “The Weekly Prayer Project”.  It will encourage me to not only journal my thoughts, but also my prayers. In this book I love the fact that the pages are not dated so you can skip around and study what is most appealing to your situation in any given week.  Also if you are a newbie to journaling or just stuck on what direction your thoughts should go…it gives you encouraging prompts.  For the most part I was very impressed with this journal, but at some time would love to see one published in the King James Version for those of us who are fans of that translation.  At this point I am just paralleling the two scriptures together.  If you are a died-hard KJV person, this would not be the journal for you.  

No comments: