Monday, February 6, 2017

Book Review-One Tuesday Lunch By T.K. Chapin


One Tuesday Lunch
(Diamond Lake Series #6)
By:  T.K. Chapin

“One Tuesday Lunch” is book six in the Diamond Lake series.  Although it is part of a series it can easily be read as a stand-alone book, however I highly recommend the whole series!

Once again in this book we are re-united with Miley.  She was introduced early on in the series and this book gives us a deeper understanding of her character.  When she meets the gorgeous marine, amputee hunk…Hunter, she is drawn to him in a way she can’t explain.  Hunter has a big chip on his shoulder and Miley’s friends, Serenah, Charlie and ex-boyfriend Brody advise her to use caution if she chooses to pursue a relationship with him.  Things really become complicated when Hunter is accused of murder and Miley’s faith is again being tested on another level. 

If you are looking for a who-done-it book that is filled with mystery, intrigue, romance and subtle introductions to God’s love and mercy…this book has it all!  It will capture your attention from the first page and will keep you hooked until you’ve finished the book.  (I finished it in one setting…and then re-read it again).  I am happy that Mr. Chapin has added a bit more mystery and drama to this book for those of us who like a good mystery. 

I have to say I think this book was written especially for me.  I struggle with turning my problems over to God and leaving them in his care and also with not letting my emotions control a “heat of the moment” situation.  Mr. Chapin subtly shows through-out this book, how sweet the rewards are when we put God first and truly give our problems to HIM.  In no way is this book a religious preachy type of book! 

Thank you Mr. Chapin for another great book! 

Disclaimer:  I was given a copy of this eBook by the author T.K. Chapin for review.  I was not compensated for my review nor was I required to make a favorable review.  All thoughts in this review are mine.  

No comments: