Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Book Review-Baron of Godsmere By Tamara Leigh


Before I start my review, let me say I totally love this book and Tamera Leigh does medieval romance the best.

In 1308 three Englishmen noblemen went against their Lord.  Each of them was given a parcel the Lord’s property and was promoted to barons.   Twenty-five years of jealousy and pitting one family against the other caused a decree to be given that Bayard Boursier would marry the enemy or forfeit their land.  Bayard Boursier was determined he would marry the plain Thomasin, rather than the beautiful Elianor.  His first wife was a beautiful woman, but cruel and caused him to lose eyesight in one eye.  He wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

Elianor had a horrible first marriage.  Her husband abused her and she was not in the least upset when he died, but she would never consider marrying Bayard because she had heard he was also an abuser.  She would go to any length to not marry and yet because of her interference she ended up doing exactly what she said she wouldn’t do…Marry Bayard!

This is a beautiful story of two people who were badly mistreated but out of it a strong love and respect grew!

In my opinion, this is one of the best medieval romance stories I have ever read and I cannot wait for the next in the series.  If you love romance in England during the medieval times, this is one you won’t want to miss.  It will have you laughing and crying and you won’t want to put it down until you have read the last word.

Disclaimer:
I was given this book by the author.  I was not required to write a review, favorable or otherwise.  

No comments: