Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Book Review-Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene by B.J. Daniels


Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene
(Cardwell Cousins)
By: B.J. Daniels
Publisher:  Harlequin


Dee Anna Justice (DJ) thought her only living relative was her father, Walter Justice, a convict.  Walter thinks his daughter’s safety is in jeopardy so he encourages her to go to her cousins in Montana.   Walter calls in an old debt and enlists the help of Beau Tanner, a private investigator to protect her. 

Although there is an attraction between her and her body guard, DJ resents him, because her dad hired him.  She also doesn’t find it easy to trust people but slowly begins to learn to trust the warm and loving Cardwell family.  Trusting Beau doesn’t come as easily, but it just might save her life.

I love the Cardwell series and this was no exception.  I was hooked from the first page and didn’t put it down until I finished it.  There is enough romance, intrigue and mystery to keep you turning the pages. 

As a child DJ and her father never put down roots, because they were always running from the people he swindled.  Her father always told her she didn’t have any relatives, but when her apartment is broken into and a doll, just like the one she had when she was a little girl was left, she felt she had not been told the truth.   With her life being threatened DJ wants answers about her family and won’t stop until she finds the truth.

I love the Cardwell series and this was no exception.  I was hooked from the first page and didn’t put it down until I finished it.  There is enough romance, intrigue and mystery to keep you turning the pages.   Sometimes you just need a good romance and B.J. Daniels is one of the best to deliver, just the right romance, mystery and intrigue. 

Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of this book from the publisher, Harlequin. through Netgalley  Blogger Review Program.  I was not required to give a favorable review just an honest opinion, nor was I compensated for my review—all opinions and musings are my own.

No comments: