Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pre-Release Book Review-Slender Reeds:Jochebed's Hope



Slender Reeds: Jochebed’s Hope
By: Texie Susan Gregory
Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Shiloh Run Press
Christian Romance


About the Book:
Trapped beneath 400 years of Egypt’s injustices, the Hebrew people await deliverance from generations of Egyptian slavery.  But while it is still dark, God is at work.  Young Jochebed is unaware the Master Weaver is preparing her to mother three formidable leaders: Miriam, Aaron and Moses.  Shiphrah, the half-Egyptian midwife tasked to kill Hebrew mail newborns, remembers childhood stories of a merciful God and cannot resist His call on her life. 
Two women, each following the dangerous path God has set before them—this is their story. 

My Thoughts:
WOW! Truly one of the best Biblical fiction books I have read in a long time.  The cover definitely captured my attention, but Jochebed’s story captured my heart.  I couldn’t put the book down until I had finished the last page and then I sat and cried.  The story of Moses has always touched my heart but never did I fully realize the full implication of what it must have been like for his mother until reading this story.  It is filled with the trials faced by years of Egyptian bondage, but also how their faith in God prevailed and a great leader for Christ was saved by the Pharaoh’s own daughter.  We truly serve a wonderful God.  He has the perfect plan for everything if we are willing to step out on faith and trust.  What an amazing story.  All I can say is have the tissues ready.  A definite must read!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Barbour Publishing, Inc.

Shiloh Run Press through Net Galley, blogger review program, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: