Monday, October 31, 2016

Book Review-Devotions for Christmas...A Celebration to bring You Joy and Peace

Devotions for Christmas
A Celebration to Bring you Joy and Peace
Publisher: Zondervan
Cover Designer:  Adam Hill
Interior Designer:  Mallory Collins


I was delighted to receive this little Christmas Devotional.  If you are like me, you find the month of December nothing but a whirl of activity, often leaving no time for relaxing and spending time in God’s Word.  Often we find ourselves leaving God out completely and not even recognizing HE is the reason we celebrate Christmas.  However Zondervan had published this little book that only takes a few minutes of your time each day through the month of December to reconnect with God and the true meaning of Christmas. 
At first I promised myself I would only read a few days, but found myself reading more and more until I had read the entire Devotion…now I can’t wait until December 1 to go back and really spend more time in reflection. 

This book is a hard cover small book perfect for putting on the night stand by your bed to read when you first wake up or before you go to bed.  It is beautifully illustrated on the cover and the inside as well.  Each day has a Scripture and a reflection/story and a prayer. 
This would also be a wonderful gift to give to someone during the Thanksgiving season, so they too could begin the right celebration of Christmas.  Scriptures used are from several versions of the Bible, including ESV, The Holy Bible, NKJV and NIV, just to name a few.

I highly recommend this book, especially if you have difficulty making time to reflect on God’s Word during the busy holiday season. 

Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of this book from the publisher, Zondervan through BookLook Bloggers , Blogger Review Program.  I was not required to give a favorable review just an honest opinion, nor was I compensated for my review—all opinions and musings are my own.

No comments: