Thursday, September 22, 2016

Book Review-Just a Kiss by Denise Hunter


Just a Kiss
(A Summer Harbor Novel)
By:  Denise Hunter
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

“Just a Kiss” is a beautifully written captivating book by Denise Hunter.  MS Hunter brings home the reality of dealing with PTSD and being an amputee.  Riley doesn’t believe his life will be worth much when he returns home and he knows his chances of winning Paige’s (whom he has secretly loved for a long time) love will never happen.  In his mind who would want an amputee? 

I was hooked from the first page.  The characters and storyline are real-life and completely believable.  Hunter does a great job portraying PTSD episodes without it dominating the storyline.  I would classify this book as an easy read, yet it is filled with thought-provoking scenarios as Riley and Paige deal with some life-changing events.

Although this is the third in the series, it can easily be a stand-alone book.  I didn’t have any problem identifying with the characters and I have not read the others in the series, however since I enjoyed this book so much, I will now go back and read them.  I read this in one afternoon as I couldn’t put it down.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Thomas Nelson,  Net Galley, blogger review program, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: