Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book Review-One Thursday Morning by T.K. Chapin


One Thursday Morning
Diamond Lake Series (book 1)
By: T.K. Chapin


How could Serenah tell her abusive husband, John, she was pregnant?  Would John accept that it is his or in his drunken stupor will he accuse Serenah of infidelity and will she be beaten once again?  Will she lose this wonderful life growing inside her?  These are some of the situations that Serenah faces as she struggles to deal with her husband’s abuse. 

Even though she loves John, she realizes not only her life, but the life of her unborn child is in danger. Serenah packs her belongings and moves cross country to Newport, Washington.  It’s a little town outside of Spokane that is just the right place to start over where no one can find her, especially John, even with all his money and contacts.  Dixie’s Diner and her friendship with Emma Montgomery (co-owner of Dixie’s Diner) was her saving grace.  Meeting Charlie certainly helped to spice things up a bit too!

I was hooked from the first page and couldn’t put the book down until I finished it.  I found myself holding my breath as I felt the fear Serenah felt.  I found myself crying for her and wanting to comfort her.  This book involves the reader on so many emotional levels.  Mr. Chapin in my opinion is on the best Christian romance writers.  I have read most, if not all, of his books and this book by far is the best ever.  He takes a real-life situation and shows how faith, love and God’s unfailing grace can change your life. 

This is book number one in the Diamond Lake Series.  This is definitely a must-read!...and I can’t wait for the next one! 

Although this book is Christian-based it will appeal to the Christian as well as the secular population. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the author, T.K. Chapin, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: