Monday, May 16, 2016

Book Review-The Jesus Fast By Lou Engle + Dean Briggs


The Jesus Fast
The Call to Awaken The Nations
By:  Lou Engle & Dean Briggs
Publisher: Chosen a Division of Bethany House


From The Back Of The Book:
Before There Was Ever A Jesus Movement, There Was a Jesus Fast. 
Both a war manual and global summons to revival, “The Jesus Fast” is your guide to the most explosive weapon in the Christian arsenal:  humility, expressed in fasting, combined with prayer.  Using Jesus as the role model, Lou Eagle and Dean Briggs reveal how extended fasting and the 40-day fast precede breakthrough and a true outpouring of the Spirit.
It’s Time For The Next Jesus Movement:
We stand at the brink of massive spiritual upheaval.  Will God’s people merely endure history, or shape it?  As we seek His face together, the Church can significantly realign earth with heaven.  We can turn the tide of evil in our lands, awaken the nations to the glory of Christ and forge hope out of despair.

This Is The Call, How Will YOU Answer?

My Review: 
Are you looking for a true revival relationship with God?  “The Jesus Fast” is filled with the inspiration you will need and the powerful scriptures will reveal to you the truths of God through fasting and prayer. If you read this book, you will a closer relationship with God that brings peaceful results to your life.   As a young child and teenager, I remember our church fasting and praying 24/7 before an upcoming revival.  Even the teens of the church participated in the prayer and fasting and I saw God work in my life and in the lives of others.  We as a nation and as an individual really need to return to prayer and fasting.  I highly recommend this book.  It will truly bless your heart and bring you closer to God.  I am encouraged after reading this book; with the return of prayer and fasting we could indeed turn the tide of the evil that is plaguing our nation.  In my opinion this is a must-read if you are concerned about our nation. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher Chosen, a division of, Bethany House, through the blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: