Saturday, March 19, 2016

Book Review-Dressed for Death By: Julianna Deering


Dressed for Death
By:  Julianna Deering
Publisher:  Bethany House

Newly-weds Drew and Madeline Farthering are celebrating their six-month anniversary at the   home of a long-time friend, Talbot Cummins parents.   The only hitch for Drew was they had to attend in Regency era costumes and had to remain so dressed for the week.  Talbot’s fiancée, Alice Henley, tries to tell Talbot she is concerned about something important, but never seems to find the right time.  At the end of the grand ball, Alice dies of an overdose of cocaine.  Everyone thinks she took the cocaine on purpose because two of her friends were partaking of it, but Talbot refuses to believe it and enlists the help of Drew to find out if it was a murder or an accident. 

Drew is reeling from shock when the police arrest Tal’s father because he has been smuggling drugs into the country for years.  Drew begins to doubt that he is a good judge of character but because of his friend’s request for help, he begins to unravel the mystery behind the deaths in spite of the danger to everyone he loves.

I loved the setting of this book. I have always been fascinated with early era British Mysteries and I was not disappointed with this one.   It captured my attention from the beginning.  It was fast-paced and well developed.  The twists and turns will keep you turning the pages, with an ending you probably won’t see coming.  I highly recommend this book if you like murder, suspense, mystery and a little romance. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: