Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Book Review-Home to Cedar Branch By: Brenda Bevan Remmes


Home to Cedar Branch
By: Brenda Bevan Remmes
Publisher:  Lake Union

When life throws you a curve, have you ever wished you could just go home and heal?
That is exactly what Katy Devine did when her world turned upside down.  Being in an abusive marriage with her husband Hank, she looked elsewhere for consolation…the town doctor.  When their adultery was announced to the whole town just because 3 young boys wanted a peep-show, Katy had no alternative but to pack up her children and leave town…back to Cedar Branch and home..the Quaker Café and the Quakers.

My heart was stolen by Katy and Dr. Attwuld’s wife.  Both women were in situations they didn’t ask to be in…yet they coped as best they could.  The twists and turns of this book will keep you turning the pages as the broken pieces of their lives are slowly put back together.  Thankfully Katy has the help of her brother and the Quakers who live in Cedar Branch.  I read this book in one afternoon.  If you need a book filled with forgiveness, love and inspiration…this is a book you won’t want to miss.  This is the first book I have read by MS. Remmes, but it won’t be my last. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Lake Union, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: