Wednesday, November 4, 2015

eNovella Review-Toward the Sunrise By: Elizabeth Camden



Toward the Sunrise
By: Elizabeth Camden
Publisher:  Bethany House


Julia Broeder is six months away from graduating from Women’s Medical College of Pennsylvania, when she decides to break the rules by breaking into a surgery unit and operating on a dog…only to steal it to keep its owners from fighting it again.  She finds herself expelled from school and returning home in disgrace.  Her brother encourages her to contact the junior attorney, Ashton Carlyle, for the Vandermarks, who have been the long-time employers for the Broeder family. 

Julia is undecided what to do so she takes a job for a local farmer delivering baby goats.  When Mr. Vandermark finds out Julia has been expelled he sends Ashton to Dierenpark to convince her to return to college.  Julia is shocked to see the stuff-shirt Ashton Carlyle in a goat barn…much less helping to deliver baby goats.

This was a sweet love story of a poor girl who was given a chance to go to college to full-fill her dream and fall in love at the same time.  Eventhough I loved the storyline, I felt it ended abruptly, leaving too many unanswered questions.  I hope at some point the author will have a sequel so we know what happens to Dierenpark. 


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eNovella by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: