Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book Review-Shades of Doon By Corp & Langdon



Shades of Doon
By:  Carey Corp & Lori Langdon
Publisher:  Blink

Description of the Book from the Dust Cover:
After cheating death, Veronica Welling is determined to savor every moment in her idyllic kingdom with both her true love and best friend by her side at last. At the same time, Mackenna Reid is enthusiastically building her new life and a theater with her prince. But just as their dreams of happiness are within reach, the world Vee and Kenna have chosen is ripped away, leaving them to face their most horrific challenge yet—their old lives.
Thrust out of Doon, the best friends are confronted with tormentors from their past and no way to return to their adopted land. When the MacCrae brothers rush to their rescue, the girls’ situation turns from nightmare to modern-day fairy tale. But their happiness could be short lived: unbeknownst to them, someone in their closest circle is aiding the witch of Doon in her bid to destroy the kingdom once and for all.
My Review:
Third in the Doon series…it just keeps getting better and better.  I was truly enchanted by this book.  Corp & Langdon have taken Brigadoon and turned it into a modern-day fairy tale.   Veronica and Kenna find themselves embroiled in fairytale out-of-this-world situations often being jerked from one realm to another.  Veronica and Kenna try to save Doonians from the witch of Doon, but the cost could be greater than they expected.  The twists, turns and enchantment will certainly keep you turning the pages.   This is a must-read if you are a Brigadoon fan or love fairy tales and handsome princes.  Although it is for the young adult reader, I absolutely love this series, maybe because I am a romantic at heart or maybe it’s because Brigadoon is my all-time favorite movie.  I think this would be a great movie series for Hallmark. I can't wait for the next in the series!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Blink, through, Zondervan Z Blog Squad for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: