Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book Review-Out of the Ashes by T.K. Chapin


Out of the Ashes
By:  T.K. Chapin


Kane McCormick at fire station 9 finds himself in a difficult situation and is also dealing with his mother’s battle with cancer.  After suspension from work, he turns to alcohol in order to drown his troubles.

His mother suggests he spend some quality time with his nephew, Christopher, as he too is going through some tough adjustments.  When he and Christopher go to the park to play ball he meets Kristen and her son, who are both involved in church.  Kristen and Kane seem to click as a couple, but his drinking is a sticking point in their relationship.  His mother’s death left him devastated but it is what he and his sister discovered after their mother’s death that seemed to send them into a tail-spin.

Will Kane be able to move beyond the difficulties he is facing?  Will anyone be able to get through to him?  Will he and Kristen find love?  These are questions that will be answered as you turn the pages of “Out of the Ashes”. 

All I can say is, anytime I get a chance to read any work by T.K. Chapin I grab at the chance, because I know I am going to receive a blessing.  Chapin has the ability to take real-life situations and show how God can heal and forgive.  In this particular book Chapin shows how people who are seeking God are not open to Bible Scriptures but through love and compassion they can find what God means.  He shows how God can forgive and heal broken hearts and how he can nourish fledgling love while increasing faith. 

Although Kane is a good person and will do anything to protect those he loves, including going to jail and getting suspended from work, his life is missing something.  This book is filled with love, compassion, forgiveness, faith and hope.  The twists and turns will keep you turning the pages as you discover how love wins all for this family.

I highly recommend this book.  This is a story that will appeal to the Christian as well as the secular population. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Bata eBook by the author, T.K. Chapin, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

1 comment:

chrissy thepoet said...

It was an awesome book. I loved it as well. Thanks for sharing

Have a blessed day
Chrissy