Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Book Review-KJV Foundation Study Bible


KJV Foundation Study Bible
Build Your Life on it.
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

From the Bible Jacket:
It is intended for both beginning and experienced students of the Scriptures who want a Bible that contains the key features of a Study Bible in a convenient, compact and concise form.

·         The full text of time-honored King James Version is used.
·         Concise Study notes
·         Theological notes
·         In-text subject headings
·         Words of Jesus are printed in red
·         Book introductions
·         Cross references
·         A concordance
·         Full-color maps

This hard-cover Bible with dust jacket measures approximately 8.75 x 5.75 x 1.75, which makes it a compact study Bible.  Underneath the dust-jacket, the cover is rich brown with the name imprinted in stylish white and gold.  Inside the cover is a presentation page making it easy to give as a gift or for a special occasion.  Next there is a table of contents listing all sixty-six books in the Old and New Testaments with page numbers making it easy to find each book.  It also had a page of “Books of the Bible Abbreviations” and an introduction to the study Bible.

In going through the Bible, I found the print to be somewhat on the small side, however I loved the subject titles each time the thought changes.  If you are a note-taker like me you will be disappointed that there is not much room in the margins to jot notes.  I loved that the words of Jesus are in red.  This feature is great for the novice and a quick reminder for the veteran Bible scholar.  At the back of the Bible you will find an adequate Theological note index and several full-color maps. 

All in all this is a Bible I will enjoy using.  It is a great size, filled with tons of helps and information, (I especially like the date listed at the beginning of each book) and I love that it is KJV.  It is also very affordably priced. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through BookLook Bloggers, blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: