Friday, September 25, 2015

Book Review-Gold Coast Blues By Marc Krulewitch


Gold Coast Blues
(A Jules Landau Mystery)
By:  Marc Krulewitch
Publisher:  Random House Publishing Group-Alibi

Jules Landau comes from a long line of Mafia affiliations.  However, he chooses a completely different path for his life than that of his family before him.  He has chosen to be a licensed Private Investigator.  Jules is contacted by ex-con Eddie Byrne to find his missing girlfriend, Tanya Maggio. The deeper the search becomes, Jules realizes there are a lot of people who don’t want Tanya found and will do most anything to keep her missing.  Jules background helps him to understand the criminal mind better than most, so his ability to “think” what the criminal will do next certainly makes for interesting reading.  In “Gold Coast Blues”, he finds out why Tanya is missing, which leads to police corruption that spans from Chicago to New Jersey and an expensive French wine that has been stolen…maybe.

This book is well written and the characters are very well developed.  Although this is the first time I have read any work by this author it won’t be my last time.  Although I didn’t find it filled with deep intrigue, I did find it to be a great mystery, with a good storyline packed with lots of twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, The Alibi Group, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: