Thursday, August 6, 2015

Book Review- No One Needs to Know By Kevin O' Brien




No One Needs to Know
By:  Kevin O’Brien
Publisher:  Kensington Books

In 1970 actress, Elaina Styles, her husband and son’s nanny were found murdered in a Seattle mansion.  Her son’s body was found buried near a hippie farm, but when police arrived they found everyone dead in a mass suicide.  Years later a movie about the murders is being filmed at the mansion and copy-cat murders are happening again…

Laurie Trotter, a young widow becomes embroiled in the events because she works for the food wagon that supplies food for the cast and employees and because somehow her godfather seems to be involved.  Laurie is also being stalked by Tad McBride, a man with whom she had a brief affair while her husband was deployed to Afghanistan. 

 I found “No One Needs to Know” a true psychological thriller; however it is not a book you can read in a hurry.  The main storyline, along with several subplots and a whole host of characters will require concentration.  At times it waned but then would pick up enough to keep me turning the pages. It is well worth reading because it is filled with suspense and intrigue.  I am looking forward to reading more books by Mr. O’ Brien.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Kensington Books, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: