Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book Review-Dylan's Faith By: T.K. Chapin


Dylan’s Faith
By:  T.K. Chapin
Publisher:  Branch Publishing

If you have not read any works by T.K. Chapin and are looking for inspiring Christian based books with a little romance, I highly recommend this series... Love's Enduring Promise.  

Get the tissues ready…not just one, but the whole box because you will need them as you read the journey Dylan will take as he struggles with his faith and also his personal relationships.  After reading “Claire’s Hope”, I didn’t think a better book could be written, until I read this one. 

Dylan is a country boy and always has been.  He loves God, whom he accepted as his Savior as a young child and his brother, his truck and making furniture.  At 24 years of age, Dylan finds he is still getting his brother out of trouble and often ends up being guilty by association.  It seems in their father’s eyes they will never grow up and will always be irresponsible.  He never seems to give them a word of encouragement.  Their mother, according to their father, died when they were young.  However when Dylan’s father finds out he has incurable cancer and doesn’t have long to live, he accepts God into his life and is baptized.  Before his death he tells Dylan he is leaving the lodge to their uncle because they are not responsible enough to run it.  Things get a little unreal when they learn their mother didn’t die.  She just left them.  Their world is once again turned upside down as they search to find her, only to be rejected one more time. 

After searching and finding her, on their way back home Dylan’s brother begins to ask Dylan about the Lord and accepts Him into his heart on the side of the road. 

This is an amazing story of love, faith, forgiveness and redemption, along with a little romance thrown into the mix.  As I turned the pages I was amazed at how real-like the situations were that the brothers found themselves drawn into.  I loved how Chapin explained God gives us free-will and by the choices we make we not only suffer the consequences of those choices, be it good or bad, but how it affects the lives of those around us. 

I was totally not prepared for the end of this book!  I sobbed!  This will be a book that will remain in my heart long after I read the last word and it will also cause me to think carefully before making quick decisions. 

Mr. Chapin, thank you for a wonderful heart-warming book.    I would highly recommend this book and the others in this series. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the author, T.K. Chapin, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: