Saturday, June 6, 2015

Book Review--Redo Your Room Faithgirlz


Redo Your Room
(Faithgirlz)
By:  Jessica D’Argenio Waller
Publisher:  Zondervan


If you are bored with your bedroom, Faithgirlz now has a book with tips to completely redo your room or if it just needs freshened up it has tons of creative ideas.  With help from this book you can make your room uniquely yours without going broke and most of the changes can be done in one weekend.

SARAH’S REVIEW---AGE 10
I sooooo loved this book because I really, really want to redo my room.  This book gave me tips on how I can get my parents to let me change my room by showing them I am a responsible.  It says I can do that by cleaning my room and sorting my stuff into piles to give away, keep and throw away. I am hoping it will show them I am serious…I’m really, really hoping.  It also give me tips on how to make changes without asking them to spend a lot of money, such as using scarfs for curtains and glamming up lampshades with jewels.  My space is small so I was surprised to find out how I could make my space seem bigger by making it into areas for sleeping and book reading.  It even taught me the right way to fold and store my clothes so they won’t get all wrinkled.  I always thought changing my room was going to be easy until I read this book and now I know it’s a lot more than just changing the color.  It’s a lot of work, but I think I am ready for it.  Hopefully mom and dad will think I am ready for it too.  Thank you so much for this book. 

MY REVIEW
I loved this book not only for its creative ideas, but because of the step-by-step instructions.  I was impressed because it starts out by suggesting before making any changes you ask your parents’ permission first, and then show them you are responsible enough to handle the task by going through your old things and sorting what you need to keep, toss or donate.  This book is filled with motivation and planning techniques. It actually gives guidelines on how to downsize and determine what to keep.  It shows how to divide your room into zones and discusses color and crafts to “glam up” from electrical cords to lamp shades.  Once the clean-out is finished, then the fun starts with color and accessories!

My granddaughter has been begging her parents to let her transition from a little girl room to a more age appropriate room.  I am in hopes; once she reads this book she will be able to show her parents she is ready to take responsibility. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, Z Blog Squad for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: