Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Book Review-The Midwife's Tale By: Delia Parr



The Midwife’s Tale
By:  Delia Parr
Publisher:  Bethany House

For generations the Cade family’s midwives have served the community of Trinity, Pennsylvania and the tradition continued with Martha Cade, a widow with two children.  With a new doctor in town she feels her job is threatened and her daughter, Victoria runs away with the theater, which is in those days is considered scandalous.  Her faith is tested time and again to the breaking point. However, as Martha faces each trial she finds her faith and hope strengthened.

I was hooked by the title and from the first page completely hooked by the characters.  The characters were filled with real-life flaws that made them so human you quickly became part of the story.  You will feel their pain, uncertainty and their joy as you read this book.  I couldn’t put it down so I read it in one afternoon.  I highly recommend this inspirational book.  Although it is Christian-based it is a book that all readers are sure to enjoy.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: