Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Book Review-Killing Maine By: Mike Bond




Killing Maine
By:  Mike Bond
Publisher:  Mandevilla Press

Pono Hawkins, Special Forces (SF), suddenly finds himself pulled away from the surf and sunny beaches of Hawaii to the bitter cold of Maine because SF buddy, Bucky Franklin has been accused of killing environmentalist executive, Ronnie Dalt.  In the SF you leave no buddy behind, no matter what they have done.  The fact Becky’s testament sent Pono to military prison and then married his girlfriend; Lexie still qualified him for help. 

This book will capture your attention from the get-go and keep it until the end.  There are so many twists and turns, at times you will wonder how Mr. Bond is going to tie it all together, but he does it almost effortlessly.  The suspense, mystery and intrigue will keep you on the edge of your seat, but the corruptness in the name of environmentalists will cause a smoldering fire of anger.  As I read this book it caused me to wonder about the efficiency of windmill farms to the point, I did some of my own research.  Mr. Bond’s book is spot-on. 

These questions will be answered as you turn the pages:
Does windmill farms cause more harm than good?  Are they filled with corruptness in the name of environment, while really only being interested in the bottom dollar line?  Will Pono be able to help exonerate Bucky in the murder of the environmental executive, Ronnie Dalt?  Will he lose Lexie this time forever?  This is a book well worth reading. 


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Threshold, Pocket Books, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: