Saturday, June 6, 2015

Book Review-The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom


The Hiding Place
By:  Corrie ten Boom
Publisher: Chosen (a Division of Baker Publishing)

Corrie ten Boom fell in love with Karel, who didn’t return her affections so she never married.  She was perfectly content to live with her father in their unusual house/watchmaker store in Haarlem, Holland until the Nazis invaded and occupied Holland.  Their world suddenly turned upside down, but Corrie and her family hid many Jews in the secret room, helping them to escape from the Nazis.  However someone turned the Boom’s in to the Gestapo.  They were arrested and all but Corrie died in the Concentration Camp. 

Corrie’s story is compelling and will tug at the deepest part of your heartstrings as it did mine.  This is a book that will remain in my heart long after being read and especially when I hear or read anything connected to WWII.  In spite of sure death for aiding the Jews should they be caught, the Boom family risked their lives to do just that, because they felt it was what God wanted them to do.  They ultimately gave their lives so others could live.  Their willingness to unconditionally obey God’s will brought tears to my eyes and deep soul searching my own faith.

In my opinion this is a must read book especially if you like true stories, life as it was during WWII and God’s abiding love and faith. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Chosen, a Division of Baker Publishing, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: