Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Book Review-Close Quarters By: Adrian Magson



Close Quarters
By:  Adrian Magson
Publisher:  Severn House Publishers

“Close Quarters” take place in Washington DC and the Ukraine.

Marc Portman (codename: Watchman) protects people in foreign countries who get into trouble with the local authorities.  Arash Bagheri, a low ranking US State Department Official is abducted while in the Ukraine and Watchman is hired by the CIA to find, protect and safely extract him.  Easy-peasy…right?  Not so, because the Ukraine is on the verge of a civil war.  From the get-go Watchman realizes this is not going to be easy because there isn’t anyone he can trust…not even the US officials because this has the ear-mark of a set-up from the top brass…but just how high does it go and why?

“Close Quarters” is definitely a nail-biting thriller guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat, holding your breath.  As the events unfold, this story has more twists and turns than a cork screw.  With each twist and turn Watchman is faced with a new enemy from the Ukrainian Special Forces to Russians, snipers and power crazy police.  Even someone in the US doesn’t want him to get to Moldova and the extraction point. 

My biggest disappointment was it ended to soon.  I couldn’t put it down and it left me wanting more.  This is the first work I have read by Mr. Magson and I am looking forward to reading more of his work.  In my opinion it is a thriller must read.  It is however for the adult as it has at times graphic content.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Severn House Publishers, through  Net Galley, blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: