Saturday, June 6, 2015

Book Review-The Bones of You By Debbie Howells


The Bones of You
By Debbie Howells
Publisher:  Kensington Books

The Anderson Family has all the appearances of the perfect family…but they are anything but perfect!  Neil Anderson is a renowned journalist who insists his trophy wife Jo and his two daughters Rosanna (Rosie) and Delphine, must always appear perfect and he presents himself as the loving husband and father. 

As the book begins eighteen-year-old Rosie has gone missing and is later found brutally murdered.  Kate, Jo’s best friend does all she can to help Jo hold her life together, which is a daunting task, especially as she learns the deep dark secrets of her friend’s real life.  Can Kate remain a friend?  Can she help Jo and Delphine heal?  Will she be able to help find the murderer and bring them to justice?

This story is told by Kate and Rosie.  Although I was immediately drawn into the story, about a third of the way through it, it lost its momentum for me.  By that time I was able to figure out who the murderer was and the rest of the story became repetitive.  The characters were well developed with a lot of detail and depth, but the story waned in comparison to the characters. 

If you like a psychological mystery this is a book you might enjoy, but in my opinion it lacks the enough suspense to classify it as a thriller. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Kensington Books, through  Net Galley, blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: