Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Book Review-From the Start by Melissa Tagg


From the Start
By:  Melissa Tagg
Publisher:  Bethany House

Fun-loving energetic Kate Walker loves her family more than anything.  She is compassionate and normally up-beat but lately something is missing in her life.  She feels she needs more.  Even though she has written a romance novel and a mini-series for TV it certainly was not based on her romantic life.  A tornado rips through her hometown of Maple Valley, Iowa.  She immediately returns home to help her family and the town rebuild only to runs straight into the arms of ex-football player Colton.  He needs a ghost writer for his book and convinces Kate, even though she knows absolutely nothing about football, she can write his book. 

I was hooked from the first page.  The characters of this book are so well developed you will immediately be pulled right into story and become part of the family.  I truly fell in love with Kate’s character when I first met Breydan.  Her compassion and love for this child brought tears.  This book had its moments of tragedy and tears, but it will also have you laughing especially when Kate tries to learn the rules of football.  Watching Kate and Colton’s love blossom through tragedy will at times have you pulling your hair out, but it is also uplifting to see the way they resolve the issues they face.

I read this book on a rainy day all in one afternoon.  It was a great way to chase away the rainy day blues.  I loved this book and would highly recommend it.
If you are a fan of Melissa Tagg, like me, you will not want to miss reading this book.  In my opinion..it is her best!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: