Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review-Don't Lose Her By Jonathon King

Don’t Lose Her
(The Max Freeman Mysteries)
By:  Jonathon King
Publisher:  Open Road Integrated Media
Release Date:  June 2, 2015

In all of her time on the bench, pregnant U.S. district judge, Diane Manchester, has seen her share of evil, but nothing prepared her for the evil she saw in the eyes of the notorious Columbian drug lord, Juan Manuel Escalante, before her for extradition.  Although she was eight months pregnant and uncomfortable she knew she could show no weakness.  As she suggests a lunch break, Escalante subtly threatens Diane and her baby.  Diane refuses to justify his comment.

While in recess for lunch, Diane is abducted off the street on her way to her favorite restaurant.  She has no idea who is behind the abduction.  She is kept blindfolded and her captors are silent.  Diane has no hope of being rescued unless her husband, Billy and his employee and friend, Max Freeman, a Philadelphia cop turned private investigator in the Florida Everglades, can find her before it is too late for her and the baby.  Is Escalante behind the abduction or is some other force at work?

Although Jonathon King is a new author to me, I had no problem picking up and reading book number 7 in the series.  I found the book fast-paced with an easy to follow plot, even though there were many characters with lots of twists and turns.  Mr. King gave just enough background of the Everglades to help the storyline, but not so much it causes it to drag.  The culmination of the plot is somewhat predictable, but the twists and turns kept me turning the pages because I wanted to see how they arrived at the ending.  Now that I have read this book, I will go back and read more of the series. I enjoyed this book very much. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Open Road Integrated Media, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: