Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book Review-The (Desperate Diva Diaries) Book 2 by Angie Spady


Catie Conrad:  How to Become the Most (un) Popular Girl in Middle School

The (Desperate) Diva Diaries
By: Angie Spady
Illustrations by:  Channing Everidge
Publisher:  B & H Publishing Group

Fashionista Catie Conrad is back with her second adventure in the Diva Diaries series.  Her life is filled with school drama and stresses at home, but who knows which one is the worst?  Only her faith in God can help her put things in perspective. 

I was so impressed with the first book in the Diva Diaries series, that when Shelby Janner, Senior Publicist from Shelton Interactive contacted me to review the Diva Diaries book number two, I immediately jumped at the opportunity.  These books are definitely an alternative to “Dork Diaries” and “Diary of a Wimpey Kid”.  The (Desperate) Diva Diaries are morally and faith-based.  This series has quickly become a favorite of my granddaughter. 

In this book, I love how Catie deals with her BFF Sophie and her not so BFF Miranda Maron, not her mention being the older sister to her “the germ” brother.  Each situation Catie encounters is something your child could be facing at home or school.  These books give your child the skills to deal with these situations in a manner that would be pleasing to God and enrich their prayer lives at the same time.  This book shows that all things are possible with God through prayer and faith.  It also shows that being a kid is tough and in each situation Catie works through them with Godly influences and a good dose of prayer. 

If you are looking for an alternative to the “other diaries”, I highly recommend this series!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by Shelby Janner, Senior Publicist, Shelton Interactive, B & H Publishing Group, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: