Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book Review-Bash and the Chocolate Milk Cows by Burton W. Cole


Bash and the Chocolate Milk Cows
By:  Burton W. Cole
Illustrations by:  Buddy Lewis
Publisher:  B & H Publishing Group

Third in the series and the Chocolate Milk Cow” is just another day at the farm?!

When Beamer and his cousin Bash get together you can expect that anything weird is going to happen.  Its April Fool’s Day and Bash (Sebastian Hinglehobb) comes up with a way for the cows on his farm to give chocolate milk.  This book is filled with hilarious fun-filled highly-imaginative antics that will keep your child laughing from the first page.

Children ages 8-12, in this delightful book, will get a glimpse of what life was like before mass technology that has stolen the “outdoor” time from our children.  The illustrations at the beginning of each chapter are sure to cause laugher even before you read what will happen next.  As I was reading I couldn’t help but think Mr. Cole must have drawn from his own childhood experiences to create such imaginative adventures with weird antics that children of this age love.   His books are sure to capture the hearts of those who read it.  I connected with this book maybe because I live in Ohio along the beautiful shores of Lake Erie or maybe because as a child I also spent time on my grandparent’s farm doing some of the same things as Bash, his cousin and friends.  It is sure to be a hit with your children.  For those adults who lived the days of “creative imaginations” without technology, it is sure to bring a smile to your face and recollections of beautiful memories of by-gone days.  You can be assured in this book your child is reading a book without explicit language. 

Of all the adventures from the rain barrel kayak to the shuttle launch chicken coop and the mud fights (which I did as a child) the chocolate milk was my absolute favorite. 

Although this is the first book by this author I have reviewed, I am confident it will not be my last.  I highly recommend this book and can’t wait to pass it on my grandchildren in hopes they will want to take time after reading it to make imaginative memories without the aid of mass technology.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by Shelby Janner, Senior Publicist, Shelton Interactive, B & H Publishing Group, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: