Thursday, March 5, 2015

Book Review-Get to Know Jesus by Nancy I Sanders

Get To Know JESUS
A Biography for Kids
By:  Nancy I Sanders
Publisher:  ZonderKidz

Sara's Review (A review by a 10-yr-old)

I liked this book because it was easy to understand.  It had pictures of artifacts from Bible times like leather sandals with captions next to the pictures that helped to understand some of pictures better.  It also had a word bank that gave the meanings of the bold face words like "I Am This Word" which is a special name for God, meaning "He is Alive Forever".  I especially liked the "Did You Know" parts and loved being able to see Jesus' family tree without having to read all those long lists of names in the Bible.  I really loved learning things about Jesus I didn't know 

I really, really, really recommend this because it is a way cool book to learn about Jesus.  


My Review:

As a grandmother I love reading and reviewing children’s Christian-based books because I am always looking for books to help keep my grandchild rooted in God’s Word.  We often read and review them together.

This time my granddaughter specifically asked for the book “Get to Know JESUS”.  When I asked why this book, her reply was, “You can never know enough about Jesus”.  She is 100% right! 

As I read this book, I was amazed at how much information was packed into 113 actual pages, not to mention the help pages at the end.  It is written in easy-to-understand language with short but content filled events that will not overwhelm your child.  All throughout the book there are pictures, scripture, fun facts and maps to further explain each event.  One of my favorite parts of the book was the timeline of Jesus.  It is from the time of his birth to the time London was founded. 

I cannot say enough good things about this book.  Every parent or grandparent should take the time to explore this book with their children or grandchildren.  It is truly a factual book of Jesus from birth to becoming the man who changed history by giving us the plan of Salvation through his birth and death.  I am so proud of my granddaughter for choosing this book.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.




No comments: