Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review-Dauntless By Dina L Sleiman


Dauntless
By:  Dina L. Sleiman
Publisher:  Bethany House

Although this is a fun book to read it is filled with rejection and redemption.  It loosely parallels Robyn of the Hode, taking place in medieval England.  Lady Merry Ellison’s father led a revolt against the king and all his house-hold and peasant workers were put to death, except his daughter, Merry and a few peasant children who escaped.  Merry was thought to be dead but had lived the past two years in the woods stealing needed supplies for them to survive.  They were so stealthy no one ever saw them and they became known as the Ghosts of Farthingale. Before the revolt Merry, at the age of fourteen had been betrothed to Timothy Grey the ninth child, who would never be Baron of Greyham.  He loved Merry dearly and thought he had lost her forever until he accidently saw her.  In his quest to speak with her he put her and the children in great danger.  Now he must find a way to save Merry and help the children he has come to love.

I found this book to be highly entertaining.  Merry and the antics of the children often made me smile.  Little two-year-old Wren, stole my heart as she taught Merry with her imaginary Sunshine Men to once again yield her heart to God.  I found my heart being torn for the hardships they faced and angry when they were too stubborn to follow their hearts in what they knew was right.  This was a book I could easily lose myself in.  I would highly recommend it.  I read in in one afternoon. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: