Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review-Deadly Echoes By Nancy Mehl


Deadly Echoes
By:  Nancy Mehl
Bethany House

Hidden away in a closet Sarah Miller and her older sister Hannah listened to the brutal murder of their parents that left them orphaned.  Although Hannah was older she was adopted and Sarah was left in the foster care system to fend for herself.  At eighteen, Sarah left foster care and went to live in Sanctuary with a friend and there she finds love, acceptance, safety and security, until her sister is brutally murdered.  The murder is nearly identical to that of her parents.  Sarah’s once calm life is once again in turmoil as she becomes surrogate mother to her ten-year-old niece and begins to deal with the coincidences of the two murders. Are they related?  Her determination to find the answers causes her to enlist the help of Paul Gleason, Deputy Sheriff of Sanctuary. 

From the very first chapter of this suspense-filled Christian fiction novel it will grab your attention and hold it until the last page.  It certainly captured my heart and my interest and I found myself biting my nails each time a male figure came into their lives, because I didn’t want Sarah to trust any man.  I loved the characters.  They were so believable because they weren’t perfect.  Each of their flaws endured them to your heart.  This is a fast paced novel filled with loads of suspense and just a bit of romance.  It is also a compelling story of grief, loss, love and redemption in mankind.   I couldn’t put the book down so read it in one setting.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: