Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Review-Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock



Breaker’s Reef
(Cape Refuge Series)
By: Terri Blackstock
Publisher:  Zondervan

A teenage girl’s body is found in a boat between Tybee Island and Cape Refuge, mimicking a scene in one of famous mystery writer, Marcus Gibson’s books.  Shelia Caruso, his secretary and ex-con, thinks he is eccentric enough to be a murderer but police chief, Matthew Cade isn’t completely convinced Marcus is the murderer.  When Cade and Blair Owens, a newspaper reporter, fine another murdered teenage girl and Shelia’s daughter Sadie goes missing, Cade finds himself a suspect when evidence is left in his truck.

I love MS Blackstock’s Cape Refuge Series.  Her books have fast-paced plots and loads of suspense that will keep you turning the pages. This novel is filled with twists and turns that you won’t see coming.  At one point I had it all figured out only to be surprised at the end.   All throughout her book she subtly inserts God’s love, faith and forgiveness, without being “preachy”.  Even though this book is about murder it leaves you filled with hope because of God’s love.  In my opinion it is a great book.  You do not have to read the previous books in the series, but after you read this, you will want to go back and complete the series.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Zondervan, through Book Look Bloggers  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: