Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review-Apparent Wind By Dallas Murphy

Apparent Wind
By:  Dallas Murphy
Publisher:  Brash Books

Forging a best-selling book by Eleanor Roosevelt will get you a prison sentence as Dennis “Doom” Lewis soon found out.  He spent five years in prison only receiving an early release to attend the funeral of his crook-father.  Doom learned he had inherited his father’s sailboat and a town in Florida that was sinking. 

Even though the land is sinking it is prime real estate and two unscrupulous developers want it badly enough to kill…AGAIN, as they have already killed Doom’s father and they are willing to go to any length to get what they wanted.  After dealing with killers, corrupt cops and being bombed, Doom teams up with the most unlikely characters to find a way to save his property without ending up dead. 

Doom is willing to go to any length to save what is his, so he hatches a plot that will use a broad range of unlikely characters to achieve his goal that fills the storyline with unpredictable twists and turns as it unfolds.  Although it was an interesting read, at times the storyline was hard to follow as it waned and I found myself skim-reading.  I also felt  it was not  necessary to have so much explicit language to get the point across they were dealing with unsavory characters.   Although this may not have been my choice of book, if you like a little history lesson, mystery and intrigue this would be a book for you. 

Disclosure: I was given a pre-release copy of this eBook by the publisher, Brash Books, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: