Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Review-Twice in a Blue Moon by Cate Masters


Twice in a Blue Moon
By Cate Masters
Kensington Books

Can true love strike twice?
When Melanie Michaels first love died, she buried herself in grief doing risky stunts on a reality show.  She wanted to live on the edge of danger, knowing it was a matter of time before her luck ran out.  She arranged for her crew to go to the Swedish Lapland in the winter because it would have been her wedding anniversary.  However, she didn’t experience romantic nights with her husband, but with tour guide Joe “Buck” Wright who was a loner and only loved his sled dogs.  Joe is also trying to put his past behind him.  Can Melanie and Joe let go of their past in this frozen tundra and find a future worth fighting for?

From the first page I fell in love with Melanie’s character.  Her grief and love for her husband was so powerful it sucked me right into the story.  All throughout the book, I wanted Joe and Melanie to realize they both loved the same things in life and would make a great couple.  This was a sweet story of grief and romance all rolled into an Arctic winter in the Ice Hotel in the Swedish Lapland. 

If you would like an entertaining book that can be read in one afternoon, then I would recommend this book.  In my opinion it is not for the young adult, but more for the adult audience. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Kensington Books, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: