Thursday, January 22, 2015

Book Review-Pre-release Review-Bunny's First Spring by Sally Lloyd-Jones

Pre-Release Review

My Review:
This is an adorable hard cover book about the evolution of the seasons in the eyes of a new bunny.  It comes complete with a beautifully illustrated dust jacket to keep the actual cover free of little finger marks.  It is very age appropriate for the 4-8 category. 

As the story begins little bunny is born and sees everything new and beautiful.  As the seasons begin to change he doesn't understand this is normal and worries because his friends are leaving and everything is dying and all things familiar are gone.  Then as the ground thaws and the trees begin to bud and the flowers poke their way through the soil, little bunny once again is filled with hope as his friends return and he sees the miracle of new birth in animals and new life from things he thought was dead such as the flowers, grass and trees. 

This cute little book will touch the heart of any child from ages 4-8.  I have never met a little child who doesn't love a little bunny and what a wonderful way to teach them about seasons, death and rebirth.  It could easily be adapted to fit the Easter season; however it is not a strong religious book and would be acceptable on secular level.    Mr. McPhail’s illustrations are sure to delight any child young or old.  I have been a great fan of Ms. Lloyd-Jones’ children’s books and in my opinion you won’t be disappointed with any of her books for your children.   I loved the paraphrased quote at the end of the book by Martin Luther, reminding us that God promises new life. 

Disclosure:  I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: