Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Review-Murder Tightly Knit by Vanetta Chapman


Murder Tightly Knit
By:  Vanetta Chapman
Zondervan

Once again Middlebury Amish Village finds themselves under suspicion when a local Amish man, Owen Esch, is found dead on Pumpkin Vine Trail with an arrow through his heart.  As the investigation progresses the trail leads to a survivalist group and the Cat’s Meow knitting shop where a strange man loiters outside the back door and the shop closes early and at odd times.  Having worked together before, when tragedy struck their community, Amber Bowman and Hannah Troyer know who isn’t guilty because they know the Amish people.   Now they need to find the murderer before someone else is killed.

Hannah and Jesse Miller are courting, but life becomes tension-filled when Jesse’s prodigal brother Andrew, returns home just as the murder occurs and his strange actions are unsettling for his family.  Hannah and Jesse will have to work to overcome the tension if they want to make their relationship work. 

This is another superbly written Amish Mystery by Ms. Chapman.  I read “Murder Lightly Brewed” (1st in the series, An Amish Village Mystery) and fell in love with the series.  The book is fast-paced and takes a lot of unexpected twists and turns.  At times I thought I knew exactly who the killer was, but in the next paragraph I would change my mind.  It kept me guessing to the end.  Ms. Chapman has the ability to take two separate ways of life and meld them together in an unsuspecting blend.  I love that as the story unfolded and stress levels increased, love flourished and the community remained united. 

I highly recommend this book.  If you love reading about the Amish way of life, romance, murder, mystery and intrigue all rolled into one…you won’t want to miss this one or this series.  Although this is the second book in the series, you do not need to read the first one to get to know the characters.  Of course once you read this one you will want to read “Murder Simply Brewed”.  These books are addicting.  I can’t wait for the next one.  It is easy reading and highly entertaining.  The characters are easy to follow.  I read it in one afternoon.  There is no explicit language or graphic love scenes—definitely my kind of book. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Zondervan, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: