Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Review-The Bracelet by Dorothy Love



 The Bracelet
By:  Dorothy Love
Thomas Nelson Fiction

Celia Browning is anxiously awaiting the return of her childhood sweetheart, Sutton Mackay, after being away in Jamaica for the last two years.  She is in hopes he will propose to her.  However with the return of Sutton a relentless story-seeking reporter also arrives in Savannah, determined to write a story of the disappearance of Celia’s uncle and the murder of the laundress in the Browning carriage house.  Celia is just as determined to not let the story be written without it being the truth.  Celia begins to receive threatening notes and a bracelet with a sinister message. 

This enchanting story hooked me from the first page, because even though it is fiction, it is based on actual historical events.  It is fast-paced enough to keep you turning the pages and is filled with mystery, intrigue and romance with a subtle bit of faith tossed into the mix.  I found myself vacillating between wanting and not wanting Celia to find out the truth about her family.  Ms. Love has done a fabulous job in pulling all the twists and turns together in the culmination of a sad but predictable ending.  This is a great afternoon of entertaining reading.  Hopefully there will be another book.  I would love to see what happens to the Browning family, Celia and Sutton, especially with the threat of the Civil War. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Thomas Nelson Publishing, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.





No comments: