Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Review-Beyond All Dreams by Elizabeth Camden


Beyond All Dreams
By:  Elizabeth Camden
Bethany House Publishing

Anna O’Brien had a coveted job as a map librarian at the Library of Congress.  There were only eight female librarians.  Anna’s life was considered dull until she came across some baffling information about the USS Culpeper, the ship her father was aboard when it disappeared fifteen years ago at sea.  As she began to investigate and uncover information, she was stopped by the Navy with threats of losing her job.  Determined to find out what really happened to the ship and its crew she pushed her shyness aside and enlisted the help of the dashing young Congressman, Luke Callahan from Bangor.  Although the rules of female employment in the library were strict and fraternizing with the Congressmen was forbidden, however, Luke and Anna were drawn to each other.  Soon they found themselves embroiled in a dangerous, secretive journey and they wondered if the truth was worth risking their future and the possibility of war. 

I was completely captivated from the first page.  I found myself holding my breath wondering if Luke and Anna would be able to rally and redeem their affections for each other from all the ups and downs in their relationship.  I feel the storyline is completely believable because of the many imperfections and obstacles they have to overcome…Just like real-life.  Anna’s faith kept her grounded and pushing her fears aside over and over again and her ability to forgive was amazing.  All throughout the book forgiveness seems to be the greatest lesson.  I love historical romantic fiction and when you combine that with Christian values it is a win-win.  In my opinion Ms. Camden has written another winner!
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: