Saturday, December 20, 2014

Book Review-The Promise by Sean Paul Murphy

The Promise or the Pros and Cons of Talking With God
By:  Sean Paul Murphy
Publisher:  TouchPoint Press

I read “Sarah’s Choice” and found it to be thought-provoking which cause a great deal of soul searching on my part.  When Mr. Murphy approached me about reading “The Promise” I quickly agreed.

As with “Sarah’s Choice” I am not sure what I was expecting, but the straight-forwardness of Mr. Murphy’s beliefs kept me turning the pages.  His personal spiritual journey causes him to examine his actions time and again.  I found my life paralleling his from time to time.  As I continued to read it caused me to stop and consider if maybe I need to rethink the direction of my life and actions?  Early in the book I read a statement that stuck with me through-out the entire book.  It simply states:  “God doesn’t need you.  He created you” and “Faith is essential for Salvation but obedience is also necessary to stay within God’s will”.  To me those are two very profound statements.

Mr. Murphy’s ability to be honest about his life, kept me turning the pages, because I wanted to see how he and God would handle each situation.  His walk with God is pretty straight-forward and in no way considered “preachy”. 

No matter what your religious faith may be, this is a book that will inspire you to want a closer relationship with God and if you are not religious, it will cause you to want to be a better person. 

I am not sure I could ever open up about my feelings of faith as Mr. Murphy has, but it is my hope that after reading this I will be able to speak more freely about God and my faith.  Many times I have felt I am not perfect enough, however Mr. Murphy shows it doesn’t take perfection to know, love and share the goodness of God…because God is filled with forgiveness.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this ebook by the author, Sean Paul Murphy, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: