Saturday, December 20, 2014

Book Review-Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk

Love at Mistletoe Inn
By: Cindy Kirk
Publisher: Zondervan

As teen-agers John and Hope eloped.  As soon as John put the ring on Hope’s finger she felt she had made the biggest mistake of her life.  She told the minister, (who had an online minister’s license) she made a mistake so he told her he wouldn’t send in the paperwork and it would be as if the wedding never took place.  Ten years later Hope overhears a conversation leading her to believe the paperwork didn’t have to be sent in for the marriage to be legal.  She does some research only to find out…it is true.  She and John have been married for the past ten years!  John Burke left Harmony shortly after their wedding and has now decided to return home and settle down.  Hope approaches him with the news their wedding is legal and secretly John is thrilled because he has never stopped loving Hope.  With that being said, the next morning finds Hope leaving John’s apartment and a quick trip to the attorney to find out if she can have the marriage annulled?

When the book first started I thought what a really sweet storyline, which it is, however as the book progressed I couldn’t help but think, did Hope learn nothing in ten years?  How could she not know once the marriage was consummated there is no annulment…only divorce?  At her age, I felt her naivet√© was a bit much to believe.   Since this is a Christian book I was disappointed there was not more from that point of view. 

All an all it was an entertaining easy to read book. I am looking forward to the next in the series to see if it has more depth than this one.   


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this ebook by the publisher, Zondervan, through NetGalley program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: