Saturday, December 20, 2014

Book Review-The (Desperate) Diva Diaries by Angie Spady





The (Desperate) Diva Diaries
By:  Angie Spady
Illustrations By:  Channing Everidge
Publisher:  B & H Publishing Group

About the book:
“Meet, Catie Conrad - a typical, tween, Christian girl with, oh, the weight of the world on her shoulders. And if it isn’t bad enough that no one seems to understand the social pressures of being the greatest at everything, donning the latest fashions, and carrying the trendiest technology, Catie’s dad is about to uproot her and her family to an Indian reservation during spring break for his job. Throw in a school dance, a major art contest, and an arch nemesis known only as Miranda Maroni and there’s bound to be an epic meltdown of biblical proportions. Or, maybe not…” 

My Review:

All scripture quoted unless otherwise states is from the Homan Christian Standard Bible.  It is hard cover and has the perfect illustrations to catch your tween’s attention.  Since I am always looking for appropriate books for my granddaughter, when I was approached about reading this book for review, I jumped at the chance.  I am so happy I did because this is another wonderfully upbeat, faith-based book that deals with everyday situations. 

In comparison with the series “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” and “Dork Diaries”, this ranks number one in my opinion.  After reading this diary, it is answer to any parent’s prayer who wants their child to read faith-based books.  This book had so much depth to it, even though it was packed with fun-filled situations.  It talks about issues that many girls may deal with on a daily basis.  Catie vents and rants just live any normal tween child, but always seems to come up with a great solution.

I cannot wait to introduce my granddaughter to this series.  I think the other diaries will end up on the back of the book shelf.  I am anxiously awaiting the release of the next in the series.

What a great way to introduce your tween to positive, upbeat reading---Highly recommend!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the author, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.




No comments: