Friday, November 21, 2014

Book Review-The Legend of St. Nicholas by Dandi Daley Mackall


The Legend of St. Nicholas
A Story of Christmas Giving
By:  Dandi Daley Mackall
Illustrated By:  Richard Cowdrey
Publisher:  ZonderKidz

I am so impressed with this hard-cover beautifully written and illustrated book about the joy of giving for Christmas.

It begins with Nick waiting to the last minute to shop for his siblings and he didn’t want to spend all his money on gifts for others.  He was hoping to have enough money left to buy something for himself until…he heard the mall Santa tell the story of Nicholas, a child of privilege.  When his parents died he inherited their wealth and found joy in helping those less fortunate.  It became his life mission to celebrate Christmas honoring God by giving to others.

This is the most impressive book I have read explaining the joy of sharing with others.  It is a great book to help your children understand this is what God wants them to do.  This could also be used as a teaching tool.

I would highly recommend this book for children age 4-8.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: