Friday, November 21, 2014

Book Reveiw-Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund



Love Unexpected
By:  Jody Hedlund
Publisher:  Baker Publishing Group

1859 Presque Isle, Michigan

All Emma Chambers ever wanted was a home and a family of her own, but as the steamboat she is traveling on sinks just off Presque Isle, she is left without a home or means to support herself.  Patrick the lighthouse keeper rescues Emma from certain death and later that day buries his wife, leaving him with a difficult situation….how to care for his young son and keep the light house lantern working.  The traveling preacher gives a solution to both Patrick and Emma’s situation by proposing a hasty marriage. 

This is a beautifully written story of second chances laced with grace.  It has enough historical background to make it factual with a fiction flare.  It is filled with love, suspense, mystery, grace, forgiveness and even Pirates.  I immediately fell in love with Emma’s character.  I felt her pain, insecurity, doubt and the betrayal by someone she thought was a friend. 

I was hooked from the first page and didn’t put it down until it was finished, so if you choose to read this book, (and I think you should), just be prepared to not be able to lay it down.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Baker Publishing Group, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: