Thursday, October 16, 2014

To Everything a Season By: Lauraine Snelling


To Everything a Season
By:  Lauraine Snelling
Publisher:  Bethany House

The Bjorklund family, 1905, Blessing, North Dakota

Haaken Bjorklund is getting older and Ingeborg worries about him.  She has these feelings that things  are not right, but puts him into God’s protective care, with a prayer for acceptance and understanding of God’s will concerning her husband.

Trygve Knuston works on a construction crew building the town of Blessing.  He loves God, his family and the community, but since Miriam, a nurse sent from Chicago to get practical training comes to town, Trygve cannot seem to keep his mind on anything but….her!  Miriam however plans to return to Chicago’s Women’s Hospital in one year to take a position that has been offered to her, so she can continue to support her family.

At this point I will not say more about the storyline as I don’t want to give too much away, but this book was a fun one to read once I got all the characters straight.  It was serious, yet at times lighthearted enough to make you laugh, especially when the attempt at robbing the bank went very wrong.   When Miriam is called back to Chicago because of an emergency with her family, you could feel the uncertainty about her future and especially in leaving Trygve. 

Ahhh what a perfect love-story.  This book left me wondering what the future will hold for the town of Blessing, the Bjorklund family, Miriam and her family and her future.  It definitely left me wanting to read the next in the series.  If you are a fan of Ms. Snelling you won’t want to miss this series.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: