Thursday, October 16, 2014

the Jesus Storybook Bible By: Sally Lloyd-Jones


the Jesus Storybook Bible
(Every story whispers His name)
By:  Sally Lloyd-Jones
Illustrator:  Jago
Publisher:  ZonderKidz

This Bible is a wonderful companion with the book and CD collection “Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing.  My review can be seen at Sally's Creative Corner. This combination would make a wonderful Christmas gift!

This is a beautifully written and illustrated children’s hard cover Bible.  This brings to life the story beneath the stories in the Bible….Salvation.  They will learn that Jesus is the missing piece of the puzzle.  He is the piece that fits it all together from beginning to end.

I am blown away with these works by Sally Lloyd-Jones for children.  As I read this Bible I was drawn in particular to the story of Leah, who thought no one wanted her, only to find that God would bestow favor on her in a special way.  The next age-old story I was drawn to is that of Zacchaeus, the man no one wanted anything to do with, much less have as a friend, but Ms. Jones brings to light the true meaning of the story in a simple way with a profound impact.  Time and again as I read these ageless stories, I was reminded of God’s love through a child’s eyes. Sometimes it is nice to go back and relearn from that simple point of view.

I would highly recommend this Bible.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: