Monday, October 6, 2014

The Face Transplant-By R. Arundel

The Face Transplant
R. Arundel
Publisher:  CreateSpace

Dr. Matthew MacAulay, is a face transplant surgeon at a prestigious hospital in New York.  His friend and mentor, Dr. Tom Grabowski mysteriously dies so Matthew begins to investigate to see if he can find out why.  He uncovers a new technique his friend was working on that would allow facial transplants from one person to another with no incisions, scars and quick healing.  As he investigates Tom’s death with his reluctant partner, Dr. Sarah Larsson, he becomes a prime target and is being framed for the murder of his OR nurse, Marsha.  Alice, a supercomputer robot, who seems almost human at times, helps to make sense of all that is happening.  Matthew feels somehow the government is involved, but can’t prove it unless he can find the head person.  This investigation will take him around the world and all the way to the White House. 

This book was filled with mystery and intrigue right from the first page.  The plot and subplots are intricately woven.  At first I thought maybe it was a bit over the top, but as the storyline unfolded and in our world of espionage, it seems completely possible.  In fact it almost made me wonder if this type of thing is not already being implemented, which is more than a little scary. 

Although I felt at times it waned a bit, there was enough interest to keep me reading and I was totally unprepared for the ending!  It is well worth reading!!!


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, CreateSpace, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: