Monday, October 6, 2014

Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet By Sara Hagerty

Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet
By:  Sara Hagerty

HarperCollins Christian Publishing

Quote From The book flap:

“Here you will see a God who is present in every changing circumstance.  Most significantly, you see a God who is present in every unchanging circumstance as well.”  Sara Hagerty takes her everyday life situations and shows God’s purpose and plan for each situation and more importantly shows how to listen when God speaks to your heart.

When I first started reading this book, I thought it would be another book about infertility and almost put it in my “to read later” pile, but as I kept turning the pages I couldn’t put it down because I found things that began to relate to my life.  It has left me “longing to know more”.  Although I have been a Christian for many, many years, I often long to feel the closeness of God in bad situations that Sara feels.  I often find myself begging God to talk with me and show me the way and am often disappointed when it feels there is no answer.  Sara shows through her life story you can have that kind of relationship, but it is something you have to work at and have to be willing to put God first.  I think that is often the downfall of me and probably most of us, because when troubling situations arise, I forget to pray about them before I act, rather than praying after nothing I have tried works.

This is a book I will read again but this time with pen and paper as there are many scriptures listed after each chapter to help you continue your pursuit in learning God’s truths.  This book could easily be used as a women’s group Bible Study.

Eventhough this was a difficult review for me to write, because I am struggling with so many emotions that came to surface while reading it, I would highly recommend this book especially if you are struggling with things in your life that leave you unhappy and wanting more of God in your life.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Zondervan through HarperCollins Christian Publishing, for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: