Thursday, October 16, 2014

Conrad and the Cowgirl Next Door By: Denette Fritz


Conrad and the Cowgirl Next Door
(The Next Door Series)
By:  Denette Fritz
Illustrated by:  Gene Barretta
Age Group:  4-8

Conrad Bates is a tenderfoot but is not troubled by that at all because in all his escapades in the book, he has his Mega Ultimate Extreme First Aid Kit!  He goes to Uncle Clint’s ranch to learn how to become a cowboy.  He finds out it is harder than he thought.  His biggest challenge was learning to deal with Imogene Louise Lathrup….the girl next door…and she was a know-it-all!

This is a hard-cover book that is beautifully written and illustrated.  It shows time and again how Conrad forgave Imogene for her unkindness, but also how he helped her when she needed it.

I feel this would be a great book in helping teach your youngster at an early age how to deal with bullying and learning forgiveness even when it hurts.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: