Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Review-OneThousand Gifts Devotional by Ann Voskamp


One Thousand Gifts Devotional
(Reflections on Finding Everyday Graces)
By:  Ann Voskamp
Publisher:  Zondervan


How can we find real joy when we are struggling with debt, daily obligations and stress?  Ann Voskamp has compiled 60 reflections of grace that will help you to keep your life focused on Christ. 

A beautiful hard-cover book with lined pages for your reflections and an attached ribbon page marker are just a few of the things that make the physical part of this book appealing.  All of the devotions begin with scripture from several versions of the Bible, such as KJV, ESV, NEB, MSG and NASB just to name a few, making it easy to understand and all the devotions end with a short prayer.  MS Voskamp often asks a question in the course of the devotion that will cause some deep soul-searching such as “What makes God angry?” “What is the root of sin?”  She then takes it a step further and helps you explore the answers to the questions posed.  She also shows again and again by the scriptures when we fail, God doesn’t turn away from us. 

When I first started reading this devotional for review, I randomly chose them by title, but soon realized I would be going back and daily read these devotions as they deal with things that sabotage my lack of daily happiness, such as thanklessness, lack of grace, anger and pain, etc. 

These are beautifully written and thought-provoking devotionals.  I would highly recommend them, especially if you are looking for a way to have a closer walk with God.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Zondervan, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.



No comments: